Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blair's Facts of Life


My name is Blair and even though I'm not actually named after the character on The Facts of Life, it's a great show.  I'm a junior majoring in Strategic Communications at The Ohio State University. I hope to work in sports PR or represent a client with a passion for athletics someday.

I've played almost every sport and my athletics are currently helping me pay for college.  I have been bowling since I was five years old and now I'm a collegiate bowler for OSU.   In my spare time I coach middle school and high school bowlers to try to help them have similar opportunities.  

I was president of the bowling club for the past two years and media representative for the past three. I manage the Facebook, Twitter page and write a monthly article for the American Bowler magazine on my experience as an OSU bowler.  I love writing about my bowling.

Recently a high school bowling coach helped me realize how influential my articles were. He told me that he made his athletes read them and used one to run a practice.  This encouraged me to try to connect my love for bowling with my love for writing. 

For the past three years I have taken courses at OSU that will prepare me to work in PR. I'm also a member of the OSU PRSSA chapter.  I am especially interested in social media and learning the best ways to use them.  Last summer, I was an intern at a public relations firm called, The Street Consulting.  This summer, I will be an intern in marketing and public relations at the Office of Recreational Sports at OSU.  I’m excited to start this internship. 

I love learning and listening to other’s experiences. Feel free to reach out to me. 

Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. Blair, your bowling social media/writing work sounds cool! Glad to have you in class this quarter.

    ReplyDelete